At Kamu we are developing a novel Web3 technology that, similarly to the invention of SQL database 40 years ago, will write a new chapter in humanity’s transition towards data economy.
This is your opportunity to join an ambitious early-stage startup that has already secured funding, and work on a technology that will shape the future of data science from a place of relative financial stability.
About us #︎
Kamu is building a unique decentralized network for the exchange and collaborative processing of structured data (whitepaper). Think of it as GitHub on top of a decentralized database, where people and organizations can share near real-time data streams, and data scientists can collaboratively compose them with SQL into high-quality data products ready for use by data-centric apps and for AI/ML. The network guarantees that all data is 100% auditable and verifiable and brings superior automation, accountability, and transparency to the data flows that underpin our society.
Kamu is backed by multiple investors and companies including Protocol Labs (the creators of IPFS and Filecoin) and Dell Technologies.
- A distributed, multinational company with a presence in Canada, Ukraine, and Portugal
- A highly technical group with decades of experience in big data, distributed software, and PhDs in AI/ML and computer science
- A team that takes pride in delivering quality products and efficient workflows
- Strong believers in Web3, decentralization, and personal data ownership
- Open Source enthusiasts who develop technology in the open, and constantly share progress with the community through publications and conferences.
About you #︎
You have skills that we don’t. It may be some unique experience in:
- Software development
- Data engineering
- Cryptography and verifiable computing
- Business and marketing around enterprise and decentralized data
- Community management and developer advocacy
If Kamu’s thesis resonates with you - don’t wait for a tailored job opening - reach out and talk to us!
What we offer #︎
- 🤙 Remote work with flexible hours
- 💵 Competitive salary, equity
- 💻 $1,500 home office equipment stipend
- 🏖️ 21 days of paid vacation per year
- ✈️ Conference travel and education budget
Application process #︎
- Technical screening [40m]
- Chat with one of the founders [40m]
- Online interview [90m]
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are reviewed by a human
🇺🇦✊ We stand with Ukraine and employ refugees and people on free and occupied territories. Ukrainian applicants can expect:
- Accelerated recruitment process
- Interview in their native language
- Home office equipment support
- Relocation support